This square reminds me of a flowe bed the the corner surrounded by grass.
Materials- 8 ply yarn in two colours, approximately 30g each.
- 6 mm knitting needles
- stitch marker
- yarn needle to weave in ends, scissors to cut yarn.
Skills and difficulty
Beginner - intermediate knitter
- cast on
- cast off
- knit stitch
- changing colour at the end of row
- knittng a mitre square (increasing mid row)
In this example, C1 is light green, C2 is white, oink, blue and yellow varigated yarn
1. Using C3, cast on 3 stitches
2. Knit two stitches, then place the stitch marker on the 'used' needle.
3.Yarn over (wrap the yarn around the needle so that you can knit into it on the next row which increases 1.) You should now have 2 stitches either sides of the stitch marker.
4. Knit until the stitch marker then move the stitch marker to the next needle.
5.Yarn over to increase 1, then knit until the end of the row.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until there are 15 ridges (30 rows). End C1.
7. Change to C2. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for 13 ridges (26 rows).
8. Cast off and leave a 50cm tail.
9. Weave in beginning end and butterfly the tail.
Return to all the KASAD posts