KASAD May 1: Beach
This yellow, blue and green square is perfect for beginners.
- 8 ply yarn in three colours. Small amounts only, scrap amount of colour three.
- 6mm knitting needles
- yarn needle to weave in ends, scissors to cut yarn.
Skills and difficulty
- cast on
- cast off
- knit stitch
- changing colours at the end of a row
In this example, C1 is yellow, C2 is pale blue and C3 is dark green.
1. Cast on 32 stitches in C1
2. Knit every row (work in garter stitch) for 26 rows (13 ridges). End of C1.
3. Knit two rows (one ridge garter stitch) of C3. End of C3.
4. Knit every row for 26 rows in C2 (13 ridges). Cast off and leave a 50cm tail.
5. Weave in ends and butterfly the tail.
Return to all the KASAD posts