This square uses two types of yarn and gets the 'snow' effect by using two strands.
Materials- 8 ply yarn in one colour
- 4 ply yarn in two different colours
- 6 mm knitting needles
- yarn needle to weave in ends, scissors to cut yarn.
Skills and difficulty
- cast on
- cast off
- knit stitch
- changing colour at the end of row
- knitting with two strands
In this example, C1 is 8 ply dark green, C2 is 4 ply while and C3 is 4 ply red.
Procedure1. Using C1, cast on 32 stitched.
2. Knit 18 rows (9 ridges). End C1.
3. Hold C2 and C3 together and treat them as if they were one strand of yarn. Start the doubles strand and knit for 20 rows (10 ridges). End C2 and C3.
4. Start C1. Knit 18 rows (9 ridges).
5. Cast off and leave a 50cm tail.
6. Weave in beginning end and butterfly the tail.
Return to all the KASAD posts