Materials- 8 ply yarn in three colours.
- 6 mm knitting needles
- yarn needle to weave in ends, scissors to cut yarn.
Skills and difficulty
- cast on
- cast off
- knit stitch
- changing colour at the end of row
- carrying unused yarn up the side
In this example, C1 is pale yellow, C2 is pink and C3 is purple.
Procedure1. Using C1, cast on 32 stitches.
2. Knit 12 rows (6 ridges)
3. Knit 2 rows (1 ridge) of C2.
4. Knit 2 rows (1 ridge) of C1.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 twice. End C2.
6. Knit 2 rows (1 ridge) of C3
7. Knit 2 rows (1 ridge) of C1.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 twice. End C3.
9. Repeat steps 3 and 4 three times. End C2.
10. Knit 10 more rows of C1 (total of 6 ridges).
11. Cast off and leave a 50cm tail.
12. Weave in beginning end and butterfly the tail.
Return to all the KASAD posts