Materials- 8 ply yarn in three colours.
- 6 mm knitting needles
- yarn needle to weave in ends, scissors to cut yarn.
Skills and difficulty
- cast on
- cast off
- knit stitch
- changing colour at the end of row
- carrying unused yarn up the side
- bias knitting
In this example, C1 is yellow, C2 is purple and C3 is pink
1. Using C1, cast on 3 stitches.
2. Increase 1 stitch on the first stitch, knit to end of row. (You should now have four stitches.)
3. Repeat step 3 until side is 8 inches long. This should be about 40 rows (20 ridges). End C1.
4. Change to C2. Decrease 1 stitch on the first stitch and knit to the end of the row for 2 rows (1 ridge). Carry unused yarn up the side.
5. Change to C3. Decrease 1 stitch on the first stitch and knit to the end of the row for 2 rows (1 ridge). Carry unused yarn up the side.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until 3 stitches remain.
7. Cast off and leave a 50cm tail.
8. Weave in beginning end and butterfly the tail.
Return to all the KASAD posts