Wednesday 4 September 2013

Exercise log - August

Well, it has begun.

August wasn't great, but I'm going to keep going. I'm definitely taking the view that 'anything is better than nothing'.

Diet: I've been up-ing the salads, although having fresh salads available all the time isn't always do-able. However, spinach + some veggies + tin of tuna is becoming my go-to lunch, ahead of toast or a sandwich. I'm still falling back on a sandwich for when there's no spinach, since I can freeze bread so I don't run out. I've been trying to have more protein for breakfast, for example one piece of toast with a boiled egg, rather than two pieces of toast. While Dear Husband was away, protein shakes were a back up breakfast (and lunch) for me.

Sugar's been a problem. I'm trying to avoid it, but of course all those yummy bring-a-plate morning teas are still so prevalent. At work we made a Periodic Table out of cupcakes for National Science Week - that was a whole lot of cakes to ice when I should have been eating a healthy morning tea. I'd not eaten breakfast due to daycare drop off dramas and was literally shaking, so a cupcake for morning tea it was. However, I will continue to try to eat well and not be thrown off by the 'excitements' that life throws.



Exercise: Got off to a good start, then stalled. The plan so far has been for Dear Husband to play at the park with Chubs, while I run around the park. Dramas erupted a few times with a cranky bub, and this plan didn't work while Dear Husband was away. I did fit in a massive walk around the botanical gardens which I didn't put on the log.

I had thought of exercise options for when Chubs would be my reponsibility, but none worked out. It's a 10 and a half hour day for Chubs at daycare when DH is away, so I don't think it's fair to leave her there longer. Even if I did, I'm too flogged and by the time I got changed into exercise clothes etc I would only have time for a ten minute run before I would have to pick her up before daycare closes, so it's just not worth it. Another possible option may have been to have dropped Chubs off at Nan's house for a play and for me to go for a ride on Nan's bike, but Nan was either at work or away herself. I had a few extra days of work and some pre-wedding events over the last few weeks as well, which cut down my options both as my time was tighter, and I'd used up a lot of babysitting from others that I couldn't ask them to babysit more - both for their sake and for Chubs' sake.

However, the plan is to continue. I will just keep trying to get done what I can. Dear Husband is home, so hopefully we can get back on track. I'm a bit dubious about how September will pan out - I've got a lot of extra work plus a wedding and several family events, so it's not looking much better than August, however the plan continues.

I've roped in a friend to keep me accountable, so hopefully things will keep on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...