Wednesday 31 October 2012

Kilo of Kindness 10 - 15



The list keeps plugging away. I've been a bit slack with updating, but here's the next installment

10. Rachael  says: Hubby is away in Melbourne for 3 weeks (back on weekends) but a short trip to my sister-in-law's place on the weekend had her invite me round to dinner whilst he was away. I thought that was nice...a small act of kindness.

11. bubbychoochoo says: I was struggling to unload my trolley of groceries onto the checkout while trying to settle my 2mth old from crying & a woman in her 80's stopped doing her grocery shopping & came & unloaded my trolley for me, then went back to her shopping!

12. breastfeedingisnormal (Nina) has had a rough trot medically recently (to put it very, very mildy). She saids:
In the week before my last surgery I was pretty ill.
On Wednesday I needed a lift to have an emergency CT scan. My friend Karen collected me, waited while I had the scan, held me while I sobbed the bad news, drove me back to the doctor's office and waited while he found me an appointment with another surgeon, before driving me home. All on her only day off in the week.
On Friday, I had lunch with my friend Wendy and I noticed a bruised sort of feeling in my calf. She encouraged me to call my doctor, who scheduled an immediate ultrasound. Wendy drove me to the ultrasound, waited for the results, drove me to my doctor's office, waited while he wrote a script, waited while I tried to have it filled, waited while the practice nurse taught me to inject, drove me to two other pharmacies to find one that had my medicine and drove me home. After a noon lunch date, she left my place at 6pm and then thanked me for the opportunity to feel like she'd done something really useful to help.
That should get you close to your kilo all by itself, right.
 
13 and 14 come from meme
The other day I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to help an elderly gent who got stuck on his mobility scooter trying to go up a slight incline of loose gravel. Like a pp it wasn't any trouble at all to me and I felt great knowing I'd been able to help somebody who was stuck.

Kindnesses received, a small thing but still lovely. I was given a jumper to borrow while I was cold at a workshop. It was a kindness as the facilitator remembered I got cold from the last workshop I had attended with her and went out of her way to let me know she had brought a jumper I could borrow.
 
15 is from michnsam:
Random people, friend/ acquaintance and neighbour we've never spoken to offered to help DH to carry furniture and boxes to Ute and on to storage shed. How nice!
 
What a fantastic way to spread the word. More on the list - updated posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...